Posey Supports Legislation to Build the Wall & Secure Our Southern Border
<! -------------- Links -------------------->
<! -------------- Links End -------------------->
May 12, 2023 -
With the support of Congressman Bill Posey (R-Rockledge), the U.S. House passed landmark legislation (H.R. 2, the Secure Border Act of 2023) to secure our nation’s borders, target drug cartels, and eliminate asylum loopholes which have been used to encourage an unprecedented number of immigrants to illegally cross into our country and enable them to stay in the U.S.
“Priority number one must be to regain operational control over our borders and build the wall, and that’s exactly what this legislation does,” said Congressman Posey. “Since the Biden Administration took office, there have been over 5 million illegal border crossings, fentanyl and other deadly drugs are pouring into our country, human trafficking has proliferated, and known terrorists are getting in. All the progress made by the Trump Administration to control our border and stem the flow of illegal immigration has been undone. The Administration’s policies have created chaos and resulted in a humanitarian crisis at our southern border.”
Specific provisions of H.R. 2, the Secure Border Act, include:
- Requires DHS to complete the border wall.
- Deploys new technology, infrastructure, and personnel to gain control of the border.
- Orders 22,000 fulltime agents to the border tasked with enforcement.
- Prohibits any new funding to process illegal immigrants.
- Designates the drug cartels as terrorist groups.
- Reforms asylum system to stop uncontrolled migration flows.
- Requires criminal background checks all immigrants.
Print version of this document